AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Radeon HD and OpenGL Quad Buffer Stereo

Question asked by crefvik on Oct 2, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 by ben135

Hi guys,

I have a graphics card with an AMD Radeon HD 7750 GPU and I've written an application using OpenGL quad buffer stereo (QBS).  I wasn't expecting the application to work, but low and behold it actually works in stereo.  To be honest, it only works in stereo in full screen mode and not in windowed mode.

I have two questions:

1. How can I tell which consumer cards support OpenGL QBS?  I was only expecting OpenGL QBS support with the FirePro series of cards.  If a card is certified AMD HD3D does that mean it supports OpenGL QBS?
  2. Is there a known bug in the driver that enables QBS for OpenGL?  I've written a few demos using AMD's DirectX QBS SDK and AMD Radeon cards, so I know these cards have the ability to do stereo rendering.  And like the DirectX QBS support, my app works on the Radeon HD in full screen and not in windowed mode.  I just don't know if there is a known bug in the driver - I've searched but haven't seen anything.

The reason I'm asking is because the AMD FirePros and NVIDIA Quadro cards are expensive - if there is anyway I can support my application with cheaper hardware that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Outcomes