2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 8:41 AM by eldoctor

Windows 8 drivers trouble

eldoctor

I upgraded to windows 8 and got this annoying problem with the AMD graphic drivers.

first it required a reinstallation of the card drivers or something like that! which I did through the AMD support link.

then, I keep getting this message every time I restart my PC

Capture.PNG

I checked the adapter display thingi, and updated the drivers directly from there, and no change.

I did what some suggested by uninstalling the drivers and then restarted and check for updates through windows update, and FOUND NOTHING, no drivers updates from windows update!!

Something else I noticed, with windows 7 I had the option to save power through the graphic switch option , I lost that with windows 8 !! any idea why ?

Anyways, my system infos

Windows 8 X64

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @2.27GHz

RAM : 8.00GB

Graphic card, ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650 ( I saw those details accidentally while updating the driver! ).

So please any help ?

• Re: Windows 8 drivers trouble
          sirishkumar

Hi,

The catalyst beta windows 8 driver (released earlier) does not have support for Switchable Graphics notebooks (AMD GPU + Intel Chipset), and that’s the reason the you might be getting this problem. There is a release note to all these drivers:

• The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:
            • Any notebook launched after this driver release
            • Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks

Probably it is code 43 error. Can you please check and confirm in your device manager if you are observing the same?

Regards,

Sirish