AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 8 & 'ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200' Card Problems

Question asked by andrewbocanegra on Jul 14, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 by fabiofreire

Hello, I am running on the latest version of Windows 8 Release Preview (Build 8400). I have all of the latest updates for Windows 8. The problem is with my graphics card, which is an AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series card. When running games, the game's graphics are heavily glitched with holes, missing textures, and parts of items in the game stretching across the screen.

I know that the Windows 8 Release Preview Drivers provided from AMD do not work; it is listed on the information of the driver that it doesn't support the Mobility Radeon HD 4200 card. Additionally, the Windows Vista/Windows 7 Drivers do not even detect my OS, and as such will not install the drivers.

However, I know people have gotten other drivers to work correctly with my exact card, so is there any way I can get my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series card to work on Windows 8 Release Preview. I have tried various versions as shown at this link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1086017-ati-radeons-and-windows-8-the-fix/.

Is there any way at all I can get this card to work? I would love some input from an AMD professional.

Outcomes