AnsweredAssumed Answered

Display Driver AMD Driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Question asked by emoji on Jun 11, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 by kcarney

I've had my PC since October, and ever since I bought it I have had a problem with my Display Driver (I've ignored it since but know I'm aggravated). When I'm loading something, watching a video, playing a game, surfing the web, basically everything else there is I get this error message: "Display Driver AMD Driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered" (my screen flickers prior to this error message). Just so everyone knows, I am using Windows 7 64bit and have an AMD Radeon HD 6800 graphics card. Of course I have searched the web to try and find a fix, but to my dismay I've found no fix. I have installed my latest drivers and application profiles just so you know. The only way I see me fixing it is by buying a new graphics card, but I don't want to still have the issue if I get a new one (plus this graphics card can basically handle any game so I'd prefer not getting rid of it). I've seen other forum posts on having a display driver issue but they don't have the same error message so the fixes never work (let me add that my PC was built from scratch not commercially, but I did have professionals build it for me). I'm in need of desperate help, and my day would be made if I fixed this before summer.

Thanks,

Emoji

Outcomes