first of all I have to say that my English isn't best but I hope you'll understand the problem.
I need to test Remote Workstation Graphics ATI FirePro™ RG220. Workstation I use is HP Proliant DL360 G7 with new instalation of SLED11 SP2. I found a "manual", how to correctly install Unified Driver 8.911.3.3 (according to patch notes, this graphics card and OS distribution are supported).
- Download latest driver from AMD/ATI driver page
- Open Yast2 and install: kernel-devel,kernel-desktop-devel,Gcc,Gcc c++,Make
- Reboot, and add this to the GRUB startup options: radeon.modeset=0 blacklist=radeon 3
- When you boot into console, become root and run: # mkinitrd
- Afterwards, cd to download directory and run installer: # sh ati-driver-installer-*.run
- Select default options all the way, then: # aticonfig --initial
- And last: # /sbin/shutdown -r now
Problem is that after driver installation, at the point where I'm suppose to create initial aticonfig all I get is this error message:
- aticonfig: No supported adapters detected
So I'd like to find out if I do "something" wrong or if SLED11 SP2 is not supported yet or if mistake is somewhere else.
With best regards, Petr.