2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 7:02 AM by ich87

ACML 5.1.0 and Fortran 4.6.1 under Ubuntu 11.10

ich87

Hallo together,

I am facing a problem linking my project with ACML 5.1.0 (acml-5-1-0-gfortran-64bit) and Fortran 4.6.1 under Ubuntu 11.10.

The same configuration compiles under Ubuntu 10.04 with Gfortran 4.4.3 and ACML 4.4.0 without any issue.

I tried to follow the instructions in this topic(http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/154719), but it didn't resolve the problem:

While linking i get the following errors:

***/acml-5-1-0-gfortran-64bit_elros/gfortran64/lib/libacml.a(dgemv.o): In function `dgemv_':

dgemv.F:(.text+0x217): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_index'

***/acml-5-1-0-gfortran-64bit_elros/gfortran64/lib/libacml.a(xerbla.o): In function `xerbla_':

xerbla.f:(.text+0x5e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_compare_string'

xerbla.f:(.text+0x84): undefined reference to `_gfortran_compare_string'

[...]

***/acml-5-1-0-gfortran-64bit_elros/gfortran64/lib/libacml.a(dgetrs7z.o): In function `dgetrs7z_':

dgetrs7z.f:(.text+0xa3): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_index'

dgetrs7z.f:(.text+0xcf): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_index'

dgetrs7z.f:(.text+0x519): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_index'

Has anybody a hint how I can solve this issue? I need ACML in this environment for my Bachelorthesis.

Thanks a lot!

• Re: ACML 5.1.0 and Fortran 4.6.1 under Ubuntu 11.10
          chipf

The gfortran_string_index undefined references indicate that you are somehow using an older libgfortran.so in your build process.  First, make sure that you do have a new gfortran runtime libary, that the date on libgfortran.so.3 matches the date on your gcc and gfortran, and the the libgfortran.so symbolic links are pointing to the new libgfortran.so.3.

Then look carefully at PATH, LIBRARY_PATH, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make sure they point at the correct GCC/GFortran 4.6.1 installation.  If you have a dynamically linked program, you can use ldd to find out where it is getting libgfortran, this may help you diagnose the problem.

1 of 1 people found this helpful