AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to open the events file: -events.xml

Question asked by alex@naixela.com on May 3, 2012
Latest reply on May 31, 2012 by fswehosky

I'm using the latest CodeAnalyst 64-bit version for Windows (CodeAnalyst_Public_3.6.1197.1031_x64.exe), with Visual Studio 2010 SP1 on Windows 7 Pro SP1. Whenever I create a new CodeAnalyst project and attempt to set the "Session Settings", I get this error:

"Unable to open the events file: -events.xml"

After closing the error dialog, the Session Settings dialog is completely empty and any attempts at profiling give unusable results (I think it just does a general system-wide profile with no data for my app). I have this problem on both my personal machine at home (Xeon equivalent to Core i7 920) and one of the machines at work (Xeon W3670). Another nearly identical machine at work with the same CPU is able to run CodeAnalyst with no problems.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling CodeAnalyst a few times. The machine at work is a fairly fresh install of Windows (less than two weeks old). I'm pretty sure I've run older (as in, over a year ago) versions of CodeAnalyst on the machine at home with no problems.

I found this thread:

http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/118164

But none of the suggestions in there helped. The registry keys appear to be set correctly.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Outcomes