cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Hellblau
Adept I

Any known problems with Bulldozer and Data Breakpoints ?

Hello All,

i aquired a 8 core bulldozer CPU and noticed that when setting a data breakpoint in visual studio in a single threaded application [64 bit ] the application runs veeery slow within visual studio. running it multi threaded having the application utilize all cores blue screens the installed windows 7 64bit noting that a secondary cpu failed to [ answer or receive, cant remember ] an interrupt.

the win7 install is relatively fresh with only visual studio + AMD code analyst so i think i can rule out third parties.

so my question is if there are known problems with bulldozer cpus and debugging in visual studio, maybe related to having code analyst installed. i will check without codeanalyst when i am done with for what i need it currently.

if someone is successfully running a setup like mine i would like to hear about this too because then i will be able to aquire another bulldozer cpu to test if i just got an odd cpu the first time or if i am doing something fundamentaly wrong.

--

Hellblau

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hellblau
Adept I

Hello All,

I solved the problem. Sorry for suspecting the CPU. As exchanging the CPU did not help I exchanged the mainboard ( OEM 8xx chipset ) for a mainboard from a major brand ( 9xx chipset ) and i was then able to debug applications without problems.

--

Helblau

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hellblau
Adept I

Hello All,

I solved the problem. Sorry for suspecting the CPU. As exchanging the CPU did not help I exchanged the mainboard ( OEM 8xx chipset ) for a mainboard from a major brand ( 9xx chipset ) and i was then able to debug applications without problems.

--

Helblau

0 Likes