2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2012 9:57 AM by chipf

Preventing exit on ACML error

nikn

Pardon my ignorance,

I have some long running tasks that utilize the acml library. Eventually I get an error like this...
      ** ACML error: on entry to DLASCL parameter number  4 had an illegal value

...and the program exits. What is the suggested method for handling this type of error if I don't want my program to terminate when it happens? Using C++.

Thanks!

• Re: Preventing exit on ACML error
          nikn

not sure if it helps, but this occurs only during the method call to dgelsd_

• Re: Preventing exit on ACML error
              chipf

This is a default feature of blas and lapack.  The program exit is implemented in XERBLA, a Fortran error handling routine.  You can see the source for this routine at the netlib blas code repository.  You will see that there is a Fortran STOP statement, and this causes the program to exit.

You can change this by providing your own XERBLA routine.  You can write this in C as long as the argument list conforms to Fortran's call-by-reference interface.  If you are using gcc, it might be just as easy to grab the default xerbla.f, remove the STOP, and then compile with gfortran.