2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 5:52 AM by bleveque

Problem with clGetProgramInfo(CL_PROGRAM_BINARIES)

bleveque

Hello !

I want to save the binary (after my clBuildProgram) on a file, so this is my code :

err = clBuildProgram(plan->program, 1, &devices[0], "-cl-mad-enable", NULL, NULL); //build the program

err = clGetProgramInfo(plan->program, CL_PROGRAM_NUM_DEVICES, sizeof(size_t), &nb_devices, &nbread);// Return 1 devices

size_t *np = new size_t[nb_devices];//Create size array

err = clGetProgramInfo(plan->program, CL_PROGRAM_BINARY_SIZES, nb_devices, &np, &nbread);//Load in np the size of my binary

char** bn = new char* [nb_devices]; //Create the binary array

for(int i =0; i <nb_devices;i++)  bn[i] = new char[70000]; // I know... it's bad... but if i use new char[np[i]], i have a segfault... :/

err = clGetProgramInfo(plan->program, CL_PROGRAM_BINARIES, nb_devices, bn, &nbread); //Load the binary itself

printf("%s\n", bn[0]); //Print the first binary. But here, I have some curious characters

fp = fopen("binar.bin", "wb");

fwrite(bn[0], sizeof(char*), 70000, fp); // Save the binary, but my file stay empty

I don't know how to retrieve the binary, my clBuildProgram work (and my binary too), but i think i'm doing something wrong on my program.

If someone can help me, thank you !

• Re: Problem with clGetProgramInfo(CL_PROGRAM_BINARIES)
          Wenju

Hi bleveque,

you can try this.

err = clBuildProgram(program, 1, &devices[0], "-cl-mad-enable", NULL, NULL); //build the program

err = clGetProgramInfo(program, CL_PROGRAM_NUM_DEVICES, sizeof(size_t), &nb_devices, &nbread);// Return 1 devices

size_t *np = new size_t[nb_devices];//Create size array

err = clGetProgramInfo(program, CL_PROGRAM_BINARY_SIZES, sizeof(size_t)*nb_devices, np, &nbread);//Load in np the size of my binary

char** bn = new char* [nb_devices]; //Create the binary array

for(int i =0; i < nb_devices;i++)  bn[i] = new char[np[i]]; // I know... it's bad... but if i use new char[np[i]], i have a segfault... :/

err = clGetProgramInfo(program, CL_PROGRAM_BINARIES, sizeof(unsigned char *)*nb_devices, bn, &nbread); //Load the binary itself

printf("%s\n", bn[0]); //Print the first binary. But here, I have some curious characters

FILE *fp = fopen("binar.bin", "wb");

fwrite(bn[0], sizeof(char), np[0], fp); // Save the binary, but my file stay empty

fclose(fp);

and you can use clCreateProgramWithBinary to build program with binary.