cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

settle
Challenger

Errors with Catalyst 12.2 Linux driver

I'm using Fedora 16 x86_64 on my HP Pavilion dv6z-6b00 CTO (AMD A8-3530MX and AMD Radeon HD 6750M).  I've successfully installed the AMD Catalyst Proprietary Linux Driver 12.2, but the system will not resume from suspend to ram.  The screen is corrupted and the keyboard is non-responsive, forcing a hard reboot.

I also can't get both the igpu and dgpu to enumerate in clinfo at the same time.  Whichever is set using "aticonfig --px-igpu" or "aticonfig --px-dgpu" is enumerated.

Finally, in kernel-3.2.9-2.fc16 the driver will not install without commenting out two lines in the kernel source file "/usr/src/kernels/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64/arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess_64.h" line 56/57:

else

WARN(1, "Buffer overflow detected!\n");

if you comment out both, it works:

// else

// WARN(1, "Buffer overflow detected!\n");

This originates from:

* Fri Mar  2 2012 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>

- Enable VM debugging in non-debug kernels too.

Please follow-up and get back to me with possible solutions or expected dates for solutions.

0 Likes
1 Solution
settle
Challenger

I just uninstalled the AMD Catalyst Proprietary Linux Driver 12.2, rebooted, updated my kernel to kernel-3.3.0-4.fc16, rebooted, and installed 12.3 (still needed the above commenting workaround).  After rebooting one last time I tested suspend--both clicking suspend and closing the laptop lid--and when I go to resume 30 to 60 seconds later everything seems to work fine with respect to the AMD driver.  This is a huge improvement to my system usability and I've very grateful to whoever implemented the fix.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
settle
Challenger

I just uninstalled the AMD Catalyst Proprietary Linux Driver 12.2, rebooted, updated my kernel to kernel-3.3.0-4.fc16, rebooted, and installed 12.3 (still needed the above commenting workaround).  After rebooting one last time I tested suspend--both clicking suspend and closing the laptop lid--and when I go to resume 30 to 60 seconds later everything seems to work fine with respect to the AMD driver.  This is a huge improvement to my system usability and I've very grateful to whoever implemented the fix.  Thank you!

0 Likes