1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2012 2:38 PM by notyou

Kernel precompilation questions

bubu

1. Can I use the SKA tool to precompile all my kernels for XYZ AMD's devices and save it as a .bin ? The SKA UI is very confusing.

... or am I forced to make my own precompiler via amd_offline_devices extension?

2. Would be that .bin completely stripped without debug symbols ? I've heard you precompile into an ELF format, so I need a way to remove all the debugging info, comments and function names(but, obv, the kernel ones ), etc...

I think kernel precompilation is very important to keep our IP, save a lot of time at program's startup and to keep or regcount constant against new drivers.

thx

• Re: Kernel precompilation questions
          notyou

bubu wrote:

1. Can I use the SKA tool to precompile all my kernels for XYZ AMD's devices and save it as a .bin ? The SKA UI is very confusing.

... or am I forced to make my own precompiler via amd_offline_devices extension?

2. Would be that .bin completely stripped without debug symbols ? I've heard you precompile into an ELF format, so I need a way to remove all the debugging info, comments and function names(but, obv, the kernel ones ), etc...

I think kernel precompilation is very important to keep our IP, save a lot of time at program's startup and to keep or regcount constant against new drivers.

thx

I know this doesn't quite match up with what you're asking, but I posted my source code here for saving and loading a binary file. http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/158545 You'd need to go through it though and chop out any information you don't want to be viewed by clients.

1 of 1 people found this helpful