5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2011 4:38 PM by mmonir_09

APIC issues

Cromagnus

I'm running a Xenon X5550. According to my device manager, I do have an APIC enabled. I don't know whether I have Local APIC enabled, and according to the known issues, this is a requirement, but my BIOS has no options for APIC at all.

When I try to run the sample app, the granularity of profiling only goes down to the TID. There is no callstack below that. I've confirmed that I've built the app in debug as required.

Is there a workaround, or some way for me to get this working? Something I've missed? I shut down VS before installing the newest version of CodeAnalyst.

• APIC issues

Originally posted by: Cromagnus

When I try to run the sample app, the granularity of profiling only goes down to the TID. There is no callstack below that. I've confirmed that I've built the app in debug as required.

I don't understand what your issue is.  Are you encountering an error?  What do you mean by TID?  Are you trying to use call-stack sampling?  What version of CodeAnalyst are you using?

APICs are standard now, so if you have any kind of recent system it should have an APIC.  The minimum APIC timer interval is 0.1 ms.  

CodeAnalyst only needs the debug information for the function names and source files and line numbers.  If you want to build with a release configuration, just make sure the debug information format is at least /Zi and that the linker generates debug info.