cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

KumarSaurabh
Journeyman III

Open CL for ATI Raedon HD 5650.

The clinfo.exe file does not show my GPU as a platform device on ATi Raedon HD 5650.

Hi friends,

I am new learner in Open Cl.

I am working on Windows 7 32 bit system with i-5 processor and ATI Raedon HD 5650 instslled on system.

I am using MS Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition for development purpose.

I have checked for the supportability of my graphics card at AMD website, and my model number is supportable.

I have installed OpenCl 1.1 v 2.4 and also utility catalyst drivers on my system.

The clinfo.exe file does not show my GPU as a platform device.

Friends I have been able to run my open cl codes on CPU only, but am not able to use my gpu.

Please help me with

0 Likes
5 Replies
centershocksb12
Journeyman III

Hi Kumar,

try installing the appropriate AMD-APP-SDK under Section "Current Version" on http://developer.amd.com/sdks/AMDAPPSDK/downloads/Pages/default.aspx.

I own an ATI Radeon HD 5650 myself, and for me, it worked under Windows 7 64Bit. Be sure to previously install the latest driver.

0 Likes
KumarSaurabh
Journeyman III

Thanks Centershocksb12 for your prompt reply.

Can you please tell me the directory of your OpenCl.dll file.

I think I am missing this file.

0 Likes

Hey Sumar,

I'm sorry, I cannot help you with this.

I'm using Ubuntu Linux and my Windows 7 - System does not exist anymore...

Try to complete get rid of your previous GPU-drivers and all previously installed OpenCL/AMDAPPSDK-Installations. Then reinstall the newest Catalyst and the AMD-APP-SDK.

That's all I can recommend...

0 Likes

Thanks friend.

As I finish with installation I shall surely update the details.

0 Likes

HI Saurabh,

I am also having the Graphic Card. I am also facing the same problem.....If you have your opencl code working now. Please help me out with the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Mayur Jain

0 Likes