4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2011 8:58 AM by pinzo

problem with tranfer time

pinzo

hi,

I notice that increasing the dimension of the buffer I transfer from CPU to GPU, in the transfer time appear a structure with a double peak far one from the other which one of the peaks agree with the transfer time of lower buffer. The peak that appear, instead is shifted to time 4 time bigger than normal.

I don't understand with with the same data  sometimes we have the correct transfer time while sometimes we have 4 time bigger.

nobody see something like it?

thanks

• problem with tranfer time
          himanshu.gautam

Hi Pizo,

Can you please explain in short sentences, I am not able to understand the problem.

• problem with tranfer time
              pinzo

In this picture you can se the trasfer time increasing the number of events I process with the GPU (directly proporzional to buffer dimension). How can you see at 10000 events the cpu->gpu mean time increase very much and it have an huge error. This Is due at the presence, only for more than 10000 events, of two popolations of trasfer time: one with mean lower tha 200 microsecond and the other with mean greater than 1ms. I don't understand why some repetition have transfer time about 1ms and someone about 200 microsecond if the imput data is the same for all the repetition?

thanks very much

transfer time