i published the Source Code of Zeta, a Chess Programm running in OpenCL on a GPU, under GPL:
for Nvidia Devices:
and for AMD GPUs or Intel/AMD CPUs
See my blog for more Information:
Zeta is more a prototype than a real chess engine. It uses only one SIMD Unit of a GPU with 128 Threads,
this is enough to achieve about 100 000 NPS, but still far away from that what a GPU is really able to compute, it is like using only 1 of 16 Cores.
Zeta is written in OpenCL, so it is able to run on GPUs, CPUs, APUs.
Zeta plays weak and buggy, a lot of well known chess techniques are not implemented.
So, whats inside?
- SPPS - a Simple Parallel Processing Scheme
- Quad-Bitboard Board Representation (Thanks to Gerd Isenberg, http://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Quad-Bitboards)
- Magic Bitboard Move Generator (Thanks to the Stockfish Team)
- Tablebased Evaluation (Thanks to Tomasz Michniewski, http://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Simplified+evaluation+function)
- Castle Moves
- En Passant Moves
- AlphaBeta Pruning
- SMP over mutlible SIMD Untis
- All other well known techniques
Until now only Linux with AMD OpenCL SDK or NVIDIA OpenCl SDK. No binaries.
CPUs (>=SSE3) will also work with AMD OpenCL SDK.
So feel free to contribute in GPU Chess :)