cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

annie63108
Journeyman III

my ati stream profiler doesn't work on some of the OpenCL codehave

Hi, I have a problem with my ati stream profiler v2.2.0. I already installed AMD APP SDK  2.4 and ATI stream profiler 2.2. And actully, when I tested profiler with the sample code, it works well, the profiler is produced.

But we I used sprofiler command line with my own executables, Only one line "Session output path: xxx.csv" is produced, but actually the session output file: xxx.csv is empty. 

Without using sprofile on my computer, my executable works nice. So what would be the problem?

0 Likes
7 Replies
lbin
Staff

Thank you for reporting this issue.  Which version of driver are you using?  What are the command line options did you use?
Please send a test case to gputools.support@amd.com if possible.
Thanks.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying. My amd driver is AMD Catalyst™ 11.3 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver, the command like is as follows: sprofile -o myprofile.csv ./MYEXE (And I found profiler cannot even create csv automatically, so I have created an empty csv: myprofile.csv before running this command line) And MYEXE is just the my executable under the current directory. Especially when I directly call the command line: ./MYEXE, the program really works well and produces the correct output. And by using the same sprofile command line, I can really create profile for the sample code. 

So, I am really confused with this program. I have sent you the test cases by email. Thanks!

0 Likes

Can you please confirm that the profiler bitness matches with the bitness of your application? i.e. you should use the 64-bit sprofile to run with a 64-bit application.

0 Likes

Yes, I am totally sure the bitness matches, my OS is linux x86_64 bits. 

0 Likes

I am also facing problem in executing the profiler. i ran the command sprofile-x64 "MonteCarloAsian.exe" "--device gpu -c 1000"

this command opens a new window and runs the "MonteCarloAsian.exe"   program. The program runs very fast and after pressing "Pause" key lot of times i managed to get the error screenshot and found that the error message "Error: clCreateContextFromType failed. Error code : CL_INVALID_VALUE"

My environment:

OS Windows 7 (64 bit)

MontecarloAsian.exe (64 bit)

sprofile-x64 64 bit (V2.1.320)

Catalyst Version 11.3

Help me in running the profiler

0 Likes

Hi sfmraja, I can't reproduce your problem with Stream Profiler 2.1. Are you able to run MonteCarloAsian.exe without the profiler?
We have just released a newer version of profiler, Can you please try with that?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi, actually when I run the command: sprofile -o xxxx.csv ./myexecutable,

my executable file even has not been executed....... But when I try others, they are executed....

0 Likes