GPU Developer Tools is pleased to announce that GPU PerfStudio 2.5 is publicly available from AMD Developer Central at:
GPU PerfStudio 2.5 Improvements:
1) New API Trace window
* Displays a timeline which visually displays the start time and duration for each call made by the frame.
* Displays a per-thread sequential list of calls made to render the frame.
* Supports one-click two-way navigation between the time line and call list.
* Supports multithreaded applications, displaying a separate API trace for each thread.
* Supports saving API trace data to disk in XML format.
* Supports searching the API trace for a given string.
* Two-way integration with the Frame Debugger's draw call slider.
2) DX11 Shader Editing
* Edit and re-compile HLSL shader from inside PerfStudio's shader code window.
* See the effect of your edits immediately in the running app.
* Supports changing of compile flags.
* Use in conjunction with the profiler to measure the performance changes of your edits.
3) Automated Updater
* The PerfStudio 2 client now checks to see if a newer version is available for download. A task bar pop-up window will alert the user if a new version is available.
4) Improved support for more game applications.