2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 6:08 AM by genaganna

Problems with AMD OpenCL FFT plans

vdecyk

I tried creating a new plan using clAmdFftCopyPlan. The new plan differs from the old one in only two ways, the dimensionality parameter dim and the batchSize, which I set by calling clAmdFftSetPlanLength and clAmdFftSetPlanBatchSize. The new plan gives no error, but produces the wrong result, except for the first batch.  If I create the new plan from scratch, everything works correctly.  If the new plan sets only the batchSize, it also works correctly.  So something goes wrong when calling clAmdFftSetPlanLength.  Is this a bug or is changing the dimensionality not permitted?

viktor

• Problems with AMD OpenCL FFT plans
          genaganna

Originally posted by: vdecyk  

I tried creating a new plan using clAmdFftCopyPlan. The new plan differs from the old one in only two ways, the dimensionality parameter dim and the batchSize, which I set by calling clAmdFftSetPlanLength and clAmdFftSetPlanBatchSize. The new plan gives no error, but produces the wrong result, except for the first batch.  If I create the new plan from scratch, everything works correctly.  If the new plan sets only the batchSize, it also works correctly.  So something goes wrong when calling clAmdFftSetPlanLength.  Is this a bug or is changing the dimensionality not permitted?

viktor

Viktor,

Please ask OpenCL FFT related questions in OpenCL forum so that you get quick reply.

OpenCL forum : http://forums.amd.com/devforum/categories.cfm?catid=390&entercat=y

• Problems with AMD OpenCL FFT plans
            genaganna

Originally posted by: vdecyk  

viktor

Please give test case and system information(OS, CPU, GPU, SDK version and Driver version)