3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 4:02 PM by fswehosky

Debug error under microsoft visual studio

janaj

Hey,

I've just downloaded the AMD Code Analyst and wanted to try it out with some written programs in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. So I was following the instructions of AMD Code Analyst to do the right settings (time based session...)

When I was starting AMD Code Analyst in VS2008 I directly got this message:

Debug Error!
      Program:
      C:\.....exe
      This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
      (Press Retry to debug the application)

I also tried to run my program and analyze it by starting the AMD Code Analyst environment but I get the same error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Jana

• Debug error under microsoft visual studio
          leiy

Jana,

What's the OS used?

When the standalone CodeAnalyst is launched, if you leave the "Launch" field blank and start "time-based profile", does the problem still happens?

-Lei

janaj

Hey Lei,

thanks for the answer. I'm using windows7. Well then it starts but does it observe my program automatically if I'm running my program during the profiling or do I need to do mor settings?

Jana

Hi Janaj,

If you don't specify an application to launch, CodeAnalyst will automatically do a system-wide profile.  You will however, need to add a duration of the profile.  You can stop the profiling manually when your application is finished.

If you are having trouble launching your application with CodeAnalyst, do you have the correct working directory for your application?  Did you correctly specify any needed command line parameters?  Do you have correct permissions to launch the application?

Thanks!