Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ThomasUCF
Journeyman III

my experience of multiGPU in windows

Hi all:

I just want to share my experience of multipleGPU in windows 7. I'm not sure if it is the case always, but in my case, it is so.

To make two GPUs work ( I have two 5970s, thus to make the first one of each work) , I must connect both GPUs with a monitor, then restart my system, after restart, I must remove the connector of monitor of the second GPU, then GPU[0] and GPU[2] will work, while GPU[1] and GPU[3] is still not working due to internal crossfire.

Am I right? At least it is the case in my system. Why has anyone never told me this?

0 Likes
6 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

I am not sure as i have not tried it. But i think i have this link which might be helpful:

http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=42

http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=328&threadid=142700&forumid=9

0 Likes

no. the multigpu issue is related to opencl. multigpu of single-gpu cards on windows is working but not on linux. the 2nd gpu of dual-gpu cards like hd5970 do not work neither on linux nor on windows.

0 Likes

quadboon,

Yes, the second GPU is curently not working properly and we are looking into this issue.

Although I think a few users stated that it was possible in linux with some performance penalty.

0 Likes

autsch...

This is a BIG problem... Dual-GPU cards are not the first choice for most GPGPU people, because of the PCI-E bandwidth limitation and also the lower compute power, but for some people, who don´t need high PCI-E bandwith it is a good choice, because you can so easely fit more GPUs into one machine.

0 Likes

that was two years old posts. 5970 are quite used in bitcoind mining for some time.

Oh Yeah your right -.-

Why was this topic on top of the displayed topics??? -.-

If course i haven´t looked at the date... I should do this in the future always it hink..

Thank you very much for your answer

0 Likes