Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ThomasUCF
Journeyman III

SDK in Linux

Hi all:

First I need to state I'm a green hand to Linux.

My system is Ubuntu 10.4. After I downloaded the SDK, in the NBody directory for example, I typed " make", then I go to the debug directory, I typed "./NBody", but I get the following information:

./NBody: error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot.

ThomasUCF

0 Likes
7 Replies
nou
Exemplar

install libglew1.5 with command

sudo apt-get install libglew1.5

you may need install other libs as well. just search it in synaptic manager.

0 Likes

Thank you nou:

I did, including libglewmx1.5,glew-utils,libglewmx1.5-dev, libglew1.5-dev. Now I meet the following problem:

Failed to load kernel file : /home/yang/Desktop/ati-stream-sdk-v2.2-lnx64/samples/opencl/cl/app/NBody/build/debug/x86_64/NBody_Kernels.cl
      What can I do ?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Hi nou:

I copied the kernel to the executable directory and succeed running the NBody sample.

As a Linux beginner, it really took me a long while to run the SDK sample. Now I am trying to use all my two HD5970s to do calculation. Any sugestions?

Again thank you very much for your patience.

ThomasUCF

0 Likes

you must have configured Xserver to use both GPU. did you run aticonfig --initial --adapter=all you can check /etc/X11/xorg.conf if there are two Device section.

then you must select both cores with export DISPLAY=:0 default it is :0.0 which select only first core. :0.1 select only second core.

0 Likes

Hi nou:

Can you give me the exact codes? ( as I'm a newbie of linux)  I typed "aticonfig--initial--adapter=all " and get this:

aticonfig--initial--adapter=all: command not found.

Also I want to share my test results: when I remove the ribbon between the two HD5970s I can found two GPUs, when I connect them ( and I enabled crossfire in windows and restarted in Linux) I can only find one GPU. Shall I remove the ribbon?

Thanks again.

ThomasUCF

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Can you confirm the problem persists with latest 11.2 driver?

This can be used to install it properly https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI

The steps to be followed after catalyst installation are

aticonfig --adapter= all --initial -f

I hope it helps.

Thanks

Edit: Space added.

Also this link might be useful

http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=138504

0 Likes

you forget type a spaces in that command.

0 Likes