1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 11:16 AM by leiy

Most samples are in "unknown module" at "NO SYMBOL"

karr

Somehow, while trying CodeAnalyst on an existing project I have, I managed to turn on call stack sampling. I also set filtering to filter only my application. I set the depth to 72 and ran my application. According to the tab for my application (reached via the Processes tab), about 80% of my samples are in "unknown module". I suppose this represents all the parts of my application that aren't in the system libraries such as ntdll.dll, msvcr90d.dll, etc. that constitute all the other listed modules. When I click on this "unknown module", I get a tab with many lines of data showing the samples that occurred apparently at various places in the code, maybe a couple hundred of these, but in every single case the "Symbol+Offset" is "NO SYMBOL".

This is useless to me. How can I get some actual information about the lines of my code that are hit?

I tried to learn this from the tutorial, but since the tutorial's section on CSS literally does not work (I've already posted details), it was no help.