cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

fulminictus
Journeyman III

refresh rate on 5970 limited to 60Hz

Even with Catalyst 10.9 it seems to be impossible to set the refresh rate of analog monitor higher than 60Hz.

This is a very annoying bug as it gives me headaches.

I checked the xorg.conf and manually added a refresh rate setting, but this didn't help. Please find attached my xorg.conf for IGP (5970 has the same issue).

Catalyst Center won't let me choose any refresh rate other than 60 for my analog Monitor.

What's the problem?
How to solve it?

System:

AMD Phenom II X4 905e
8GB RAM
GFX0: IGP Radeon 4200HD
GFX1: AMD Radeon 5970
EIZO F930 135MHz (capable of 1600x1200 @100Hz)
openSuSE 11.3 x64

Section "Files" EndSection Section "Module" EndSection Section "Monitor" Identifier "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0" Option "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver" Option "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor" Option "DPMS" "true" Option "PreferredMode" "1600x1200" Option "TargetRefresh" "85" Option "Position" "0 0" Option "Rotate" "normal" Option "Disable" "false" EndSection Section "Device" Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]-0" Driver "fglrx" BusID "PCI:1:5:0" EndSection Section "Screen" Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" Device "aticonfig-Device[0]-0" Monitor "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0" DefaultDepth 24 SubSection "Display" Viewport 0 0 Depth 24 EndSubSection EndSection

0 Likes
2 Replies
avk
Adept III

What about to ask the same question on game.amd.com or even on some Linux/SuSE forums? I'm afraid there is nobody knows how to cope with your problem...

0 Likes

Where to find the official Linux driver support forum?

Is it part of the OSRC?

0 Likes