Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

philips
Journeyman III

CPU profiler

Hi.

I am looking for a profiler that works with OpenCL running on the CPU.

the Stream Profiler doesn't really give you any information about what happens on the CPU and the Visual Studio 2010 profiler apparently doesn't work with OpenCL.

I have heard that www.pintool.org might work, but that seems overly complex.

Are there any other, more userfriendly, profiler that work with OpenCL on the CPU?

0 Likes
3 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: philips Hi.

I am looking for a profiler that works with OpenCL running on the CPU.

the Stream Profiler doesn't really give you any information about what happens on the CPU and the Visual Studio 2010 profiler apparently doesn't work with OpenCL.

I have heard that www.pintool.org might work, but that seems overly complex.

Are there any other, more userfriendly, profiler that work with OpenCL on the CPU?

There is no opencl profiler for cpu device.

0 Likes

I'd like to figure out whether my application is limited by FLOPS or if there is so much branching that the CPU doesn't get any work done.

Are you sure there isn't a tool that could tell me that even if it's not specifically made for OpenCL?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: philips I'd like to figure out whether my application is limited by FLOPS or if there is so much branching that the CPU doesn't get any work done.

Are you sure there isn't a tool that could tell me that even if it's not specifically made for OpenCL?

There are plenty of profiling tools. codeanalyst, gprof, vtune.

0 Likes