Nico83

OpenGL / OpenCL interop problems

Discussion created by Nico83 on Aug 31, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2012 by torandi

Hi everyone.

I'm currently working on a project in which I create a VBO using OpenGL, and then I fill it with OpenCL. Finally I render this VBO with glDrawArray. I create the cl vbo with the clCreateFromGLBuffer command. I'm working on XP 64 SP2 with VS2008 and a Radeon HD 5850. I've downloaded the lastest graphic drivers, the lastest opencl drivers and the lastest stream framework.

My program runs but with ridiculous performance. I suspect a problem with the interop between cl/gl.

- I have carefully read the examples in the stream sdk: the only difference is that i create my gl context using MFC while the simpleGL example create it using glut. Is there anu known issue using mfc and opencl ?

- I have to tell that I firstly develop my code on nvidia framework: it works perfectly, without any interop problem. As far as opencl is supposed to be portable, i really don't understand why this difference occurs. Is OpenCL on ATI still in beta ?

- A last question: when downloading the drivers, there is no OpenCL.dll while at runtime, every program (mine and those og the sdk) look for opencl.dll . Surprisingly, there is a atiocl64.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\bin\x86_64 : when I rename this dll in opencl.dll, the examples in the sdk stream work perfectly ? Is it normal ?

Thanks by advance. If it help, I can put some code ...

Outcomes