wellimnotsure

Crash on profiling start

Discussion created by wellimnotsure on Jul 29, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 by fswehosky
When trying to profile a .NET 4 C# app, immediate crash occurs

I just downloaded the latest version, CodeAnalyst_Public_2.97.803.0531, of CodeAnalyst, installed it on my Windows 7 64bit machine,  AMD64 x2 CPU, 4GB RAM, clicked 'yes' on "integrate into VS2005..2010".

I have the fully functional trial version of VS2010 premium installed, which I have my C# .NET 4 project in. (and VC++ 2008 express)

No matter whether I use it inside VS or separately outside on the sole .exe file of my app, a short while after hitting the start button of CodeAnalyst, I get a windows message that the app is no longer working... If I choose to debug in VS2010, it doesnt show much, but an application excecution exception or something like that (I unfortunately immediately uninstalled CA after reading that other users coudn't run any programs in VS anymore until uninstalling CA, although that was for earlier versions. So I don't have the exact exception name at hand, but it didn't say much).

If that matters, my target was x86, not just "AnyCPU". The app uses OpenGL (4 contexts, classical quad view in a mapeditor), via the OpenGL .NET binding called OpenTK / Tao compat. namespace.

If you need any more information, I'll gladly provide it.

Outcomes