cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Velendor
Journeyman III

AtiFireGl V7700 versus Ati Radeon HD5770

Dear developers, I was faced with a very big problem. Already more than 2 months of learning about professional graphics cards, because I work in programs such as Inventor, Solidworks. As a result, stopped on the choice of video card Ati FireGl V7700, bought it in America, here today received.

Prior to the arrival of this card I used the card Ati Radeon HD5770 Powercolor 512mb. And he worked in CAD applications with long delays. Today, I plugged a new graphics card V7700 and I was very unpleasantly surprised that in general neouschitil no difference in working with CAD applications. It was all - 1 frame per second and left.
It is Windows 7x64 bit c updates, drivers downloaded from your site the latest version.

My system is AMD athlon 2 x4 635, 8Gb memory. Asus motherborda AMD chipset
Please explain why you make such video - "Professional" if they do not differ from the game that cost 4-5 times cheaper.

Maybe the problem or your drivers or Windows 7.
Ask me no more from anyone, because we have no one uses ATI, something which can stand Quadro.
By studying the information on video cards tests and so forth, I realized that for the good work I need to buy a professional graphics card, and stopped at your brand because it pleases me, as a result spent the money and got nothing in return, get it only deception, I want to know who will put me back my money.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Velendor
Journeyman III

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-formatther; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:204; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} span.longtext {mso-style-name:long_text; mso-style-unhide:no;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:2.0cm 42.5pt 2.0cm 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

Prior to the arrival of this card I used the card Ati Radeon HD5770 Powercolor 512mb. And he worked in CAD applications with long delays. Today, I plugged a new graphics card V7700 and I was very unpleasantly surprised that in general neouschitil no difference in working with CAD applications. It was all - 1 frame per second and left.

0 Likes
brunos
Journeyman III

Dear Velendor,

We are sorry to hear that you not getting the performance you are expecting with the ATI FireGL V7700 but first, let us explain to you the difference between a professional card and a consumer card.

FireGL/FirePro is for design professionals that are running business critical applications based on OpenGL and Direct X.  Design professionals are most often in a design team and are employed by a company and are paid high salaries for their talent.  They require:

stability

reliability

support

application specific features and optimizations

Radeon is for gaming enthusiasts who require the ultimate in gaming experience as well as mainstream corporate and home PC users

In addition, here what you get with the professional card that you CAN’T with a consumer card:

Application Certification

Full OpenGL and DirectX support

Windows and Linux support

Stability

Fully tested, robust drivers ensure maximum uptime and productivity (includes ISV and IHV compatibility testing)

Support

Dedicated workstation support with direct links to engineering resources

3 years warranty (only 1 with consumer)

Now back to addressing your comparison of the HD5770 vs. V7700.  The Radeon HD5770 is the latest graphics card for consumer using the most current GPU available (introduced about 6 months ago).  It has 800 Stream processors, GDDR5 memory, DX11, OpenGL 3.2, Shader model 5.0 and all running with an engine clock of 850MHz.  The FireGL V7700 is using a GPU that is TWO generations behind (released 2 years ago).  It only has 320 Stream processors, GDDR4 memory, DX 10, OpenGL3.0, Shader model 4.0 and only running at 775MHz.  As you can see, we are not comparing apples to apples here.  This is in no mean to say that the V7700 is going to be under performance to the HD5770 in all the professional apps, it will depend on the apps of course but it does call out what is the expectation respectively.

We understand that you only recently received the FireGL V7700, perhaps you could return that to your store and get more of a recently released professional card instead.  Perhaps a FirePro V4800 or V5800.

0 Likes
sunkedy
Journeyman III

http://www. abuydvd.com/  DVD Free Shipping Mall  

New DVD Releases See all 216 DVD Box for this week. Such as Michael Jackson Collection, King of Queens Box set...Special Discount And Free Shipping.Sava off30-80%

http://www.newsoftware-mall.com/ Software Online shopping Windows 7 Microsoft2007,Professional , Ultimate ,Adobe Acrobat Adobe CS3 Master Adobe Photoshop Adobe Dreamweaver.Sava off30-80%

0 Likes
slicegan2
Journeyman III

Introducing the ATI FireGL V7700 workstation graphics accelerator from AMD. This high end workstation solution with 512 MB on-board frame buffer memory is the industry’s first commercially available 3D workstation graphics accelerator to feature a DisplayPort output. With a full 10-bit display pipeline, the ATI FireGL V7700 is ideally suited for applications that benefit from accurate color reproduction and superior visual quality.

==============

seo | link building

0 Likes

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the FireGL V7700.  AMD works with software vendors to make sure that Inventor, SolidWorks, and hundreds of other professional software titles are tested, certified, and supported by the vendors.  Consumer products, such as AMD Radeon cards do not go through these qualification/certification programs.

Additional, there are performance tunings for SolidWorks, Inventor, and numerous other applications that are specific to professional cards. I personally did a presentation at SolidWorks World 2010 were we demonstrated the lowest end professional card can outperform the highest end consumer card with SolidWorks.

Perhaps your issue is not graphics related, did you use the Task Manager Performance tab to see if your particular situation is CPU limited? In some cases, performance issues that appear to be graphics related may be the result of some other system performance issue.  The SolidWorks World 2010 presetnations should be available online at the SolidWorks website, if you check out the "SolidWorks Graphics Performance Analysis & Tuning" presentation (not sure if they are still available), there are useful tips for understanding system performance issues (applicable to any application)

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

0 Likes

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the V7700.  Part of the value proposition for AMD professional cards is that AMD works with the software vendors (Autodesk, SolidWorks, etc.) to test, certify, and support these products.  Consumer cards do not receive this kind of testing, certification, or support.

Additionally, professional graphics hardware and software are tuned to deliver optimal performance for professional applications.  I did a presentation at SolidWorks World 2010 were we demonstrated that even the lowest end professional graphics card can outperform the highest end consumer card when using SolidWorks.  The presentation, "SolidWorks Graphics Performance Analysis & Tuning" might still be available online from SolidWorks.  It has useful tips for understanding and pinpointing system performance issues.  Did you use the Windows Task Manager Performance tab to see if your system may be experiencing other performance issues that are not graphics related?  If you are seeing the same performance when moving to a more powerful graphics card, perhaps some other bottleneck is preventing you from realizing improved graphics performance.

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

0 Likes