bastl

x86 Open64 Compiler Suite - compilation from source

Discussion created by bastl on Jul 2, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2010 by bastl
I want to port to 64 bit like many others. GNU glibc and GCC don't support porting and don't want, too. The only way is now to use a GCC friendly 64 bit compiler with its own libraries. And what compiler could be better as the one from my processor manufacture. To compile the x86 Open64 Compiler Suite from source is the only way that works for me. Now I did get several misses on making that package: - compilation works pretty till gfortran is needed (from x86_open64-4.2.4/osprey/arith). - there is no way to give gfortran, also editing the osprey/linux/make/gcommondefs file doesn't make it better. GCC-Version 4.3.1, i686-pc-linux-gnu GNU bash, version 3.2.33(17)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu) GNU Make 3.81 - Several just compiled binary files are not copied to directories the make process wants them for access. I think they should be copied to directories like they are used in the binary package, too. Mybe it is done if the make process doesn't break. I even don't know if the make process breaks. There is only that warning: -------------------------------------------- Warning: arith is not build! Can not find the /bin/gfortran -------------------------------------------- Warning: The Fortran Front End is not build! Can not find the /bin/gfortran Please get the binary of open64 and add option BUILD_COMPILER=OSP to build the F95 Front End. -or- modify the FC in osprey/linux/make/gcommondefs to an ifort/openf90/pathf90 compatible Fortran 90 Compiler. --------------------------------------------

Outcomes