philips

device_fission samples?

Discussion created by philips on Jul 1, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 by genaganna
questions after reading the documentation

hi.

Do you know of any samples where the device fission extension is used?

For better cache usage in a raycaster I am trying to have every core of the cpu work on a column of the picture instead of working on random work-groups.

There are a couple of things the documentation left me unsure about.

- Can I have both 8 command queues for the cores of the CPU as well as a command queue for the parent device (the entire CPU)?

So I could use the individual cores for the raycasting, but then use the entire CPU for post-processing

- Can I build the program with only one build call using all subdevices and the parent device as parameter?

- If I use only one program can I use only one instance of the kernels as well?

And they could all work using the same kernel with different arguments? at the same time?

So when I want to start the kernel on all cores I would first set the common kernel arguments and then for every core just set the kernel-specific arguments, enqueue the kernel and then move on to the next core (change a kernel argument, enqueue...) ?

- can you somehow use the device fission extension with the OpenCL 1.1 C++ bindings and the current StreamSDK?

If I define USE_CL_DEVICE_FISSION it won't compile because the cl_ext.h is still in revision 10424 instead of 11702

Thanks for reading.

Outcomes