5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 7:39 AM by solaymanbadsha

How i can link gcc_s static

andersartig

Hello

I want to compile a big fortran-program. It compile with g95 and intel fortran. Now i'm testing open64-4.2.3, but have some problems while compiling.

I need a static binary. Testing to compile with a shared lib also makes some problems. (at one script it cannot use LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

Hope you can help me.

With best regards

Axel

• How i can link gcc_s static
          dgilmore

Supplying -static to the opencc/openf90 link line should work, are you seeing problems with that?

Doug

andersartig

Hello

-static works, i took -wl,-dn before, but now i got another error:

REAL(8)   ,PARAMETER  :: DX=(XMAX-XMIN)/REAL(NP-1,8)
                                                           ^            
              openf95-587 openf95: ERROR RADIAL_BESSELTRANSF_M, File = /home/axel/PAW/paw_test/devel1040_2/bin/open64_acml44_openmpi/Objects/fast/paw_radial_d.f90, Line = 3129, Column = 46
                The initialization expression must be a constant to be used with PARAMETER assignment for object "DX".

openf95: Open64 Fortran Version 4.2.3 (f14) Wed Jun  2, 2010  09:14:16

Code:

INTEGER(4),PARAMETER  :: NP=1000

REAL(8)   ,PARAMETER  :: XMIN=-1.D+1
              REAL(8)   ,PARAMETER  :: XMAX=4.D+1

REAL(8)   ,PARAMETER  :: DX=(XMAX-XMIN)/REAL(NP-1,8)

Other compiler like g95 and intel fortran compiler don't have any propblem with this. I don't know if this is correct fortran-code (I'm not the fortran programmer)

With best regards

Axel Ehrich

solaymanbadsha

I can't see where I've told either gcc or ld to link statically (this is the root cause of the failure to find gcc_s, I believe. I've tried compiling using ..