4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2010 3:25 AM by heikofolkerts

Errormessage "injection of runtime library failed" when starting profiling

heikofolkerts
      When trying to profile an application that uses QT I get the errormessage mentioned in the title.

The profiling works just fine when running a DLL with another exe that doesn't use QT itself. So I suspect there is a problem when the application uses QT? Application is in debuggin mode with program database enabled.

What can I do to make it work?

Environment: VS 2008 QT 4.6.1

regards

Heiko

• Errormessage "injection of runtime library failed" when starting profiling
          leiy

The profiling should have nothing to do with your app because sample data is collected from kernel mode driver.

What problem do you have when you profile an app with QT? Is the environment configured correctly?

heikofolkerts

Hi,

well when I try to launch our application with the code analyst from within Visual Studio I get an error message reporting that the injection failed. When I was browsing the web for a solution I found a readme file from Code analyst stating that QT 4 is not supported and that QT 3 would be needed. In the current readme file I didn't find that hint - maybe there is no  problem left with QT in general.

In general code anaylst seems to run OK because we 2were able to run the profile against DLLs which used QT themselves but no GUI etc.

Because the first results from code analyst were very helping we'd like to find a way to make it run with our application.

Regards

Heiko

Heiko,

Currently CodeAnalyst is using QT 4.3.0 on Windows.  We are still loading that version of QT in our Visual Studio integrated package.  Can you specify the working directory for your launched application such that it can directly find the required QT dlls, rather than relying on the PATH environmental variable to find them?

If you're also testing an integrated package in Visual Studio, I can see how the conflicting QT 4 libraries with the same name might have issues.  In that case, it would probably be easiest to prevent the CodeAnalyst integrated package from loading and do your profiling from the stand-alone gui.

I hope this helps.