9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2010 3:13 PM by MicahVillmow

Unary operators have any issue in the kernel

pavandsp

I am seeing inconsistence in the reading the histogram buffers like rhist ,ghist, bhist buffers from kernel.For the same input data i am seeing variations in the values in these buffers.

The code in the kernel is shown below.

do the unary operators behave correctly in OpenCL Kernel.

rhist[ output[index + 0] ]++;
      ghist[ output[index + 1] ]++;
      bhist[ output[index + 2] ]++;

For first run .

when i=1 rhist: 3935 ghist: 3060 bhist: 2884

i=2 rhist: 7533 ghist: 8436 bhist: 6656

For seconf run. i am seeing these incosistency

when i=1 rhist: 3935 ghist: 3062 bhist: 2885

i=2 rhist: 7532 ghist: 8438 bhist: 6656

Please find the Application Code.

1.Creating BUffer:

rhistBuffer = clCreateBuffer(context,CL_MEM_READ_WRITE | CL_MEM_USE_HOST_PTR,sizeof(cl_int) * 256 ,rhist,&status);

ghistBuffer = clCreateBuffer(context,CL_MEM_READ_WRITE | CL_MEM_USE_HOST_PTR,sizeof(cl_int) * 256 ,ghist,&status);
        bhistBuffer = clCreateBuffer(context,CL_MEM_READ_WRITE | CL_MEM_USE_HOST_PTR,sizeof(cl_int) * 256 ,bhist,&status);

2.Setting the Kernel:

/* the rhist array to the kernel */
          status = clSetKernelArg(kernel,6, sizeof(cl_mem),(void *)&rhistBuffer);
      /* the ghist array to the kernel */
          status = clSetKernelArg(kernel,7, sizeof(cl_mem),(void *)&ghistBuffer);
      /* the bhist array to the kernel */
          status = clSetKernelArg(kernel,8, sizeof(cl_mem),(void *)&bhistBuffer);

3.Reading from GPU.

status = clEnqueueReadBuffer(commandQueue,rhistBuffer,CL_TRUE, 0,256 * sizeof(cl_int),rhist, 0, NULL, &events[1]);
      status = clWaitForEvents(1, &events[1]);
      clReleaseEvent(events[1]);

status = clEnqueueReadBuffer(commandQueue,ghistBuffer,CL_TRUE, 0,256 * sizeof(cl_int),ghist, 0, NULL, &events[1]);

status = clEnqueueReadBuffer(commandQueue,bhistBuffer,CL_TRUE, 0,256 * sizeof(cl_int),bhist, 0, NULL, &events[1]);

Please let me where i am going wrong...I verified ..but i am not getting the correct values from the 3 buffers.