7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 5:11 PM by dgilmore

Type missmatch error

jkw104

Hello everyone,

I have a rather large f95 code (500,000 lines of code) I have been working with.  The code builds clean with the gfortran, intel, lahey, sun compilers amungst others.  When I attempt to build with the open64 compilers I get the following error:

openf95 -o build/linux2/open64/debug/src/PowerArrayM.o -c -fno-second-underscore -g -Ibuild/linux2/open64/debug/TPRLib -Ibuild/linux2/open64/debug/src -module build/linux2/open64/debug/src build/linux2/open64/debug/src/PowerArrayM.f90

MODULE PowerArray
             ^         
      openf95-855 openf95: ERROR POWERARRAY, File = build/linux2/open64/debug/src/PowerArrayM.f90, Line = 1, Column = 8
        The compiler has detected errors in module "POWERARRAY".  No module information file will be created for this module.

CALL AllocPowerDist(powAr(cci)%powDist, powTab(cci)%nPowDist)
                                                 ^                             
      openf95-1108 openf95: ERROR REALLOCMINPOWPTRAR, File = build/linux2/open64/debug/src/PowerArrayM.f90, Line = 1512, Column = 44
        The type of the actual argument, "type(POWDISTT)", does not match "type(POWDISTT)", the type of the dummy argument.

CALL AllocPowDist(powerD, nPowDist, 'powDist')
                                 ^                           
      openf95-1108 openf95: ERROR ALLOCPOWERDIST, File = build/linux2/open64/debug/src/PowerArrayM.f90, Line = 2222, Column = 28
        The type of the actual argument, "type(POWDISTT)", does not match "type(POWDISTT)", the type of the dummy argument.

CALL AllocPD(powerD(i))
                                     ^   
      openf95-1108 openf95: ERROR ALLOCPOWERDIST, File = build/linux2/open64/debug/src/PowerArrayM.f90, Line = 2225, Column = 32

openf95: Open64 Fortran Version 4.2.1 (f14) Wed Mar 31, 2010  09:17:23
      openf95: 2494 source lines
      openf95: 4 Error(s), 0 Warning(s), 0 Other message(s), 0 ANSI(s)
      openf95: "explain openf95-message number" gives more information about each message

This error seems to indicate that the compiler has detected a type miss match where none exists.  Any help on this problem would be appreciated. 

Thanks,