7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 9:40 AM by ivalylo

5970 2GB = 20 computer units and 256MB memory?

ivalylo

This is what OpenCL reports - only one GPU device with 20 computer units. AFAIK, 5870 is with 20 computer units, so it seems that one of the cores do not work properly under OpenCL. Is there known issues with 5970? May be I must disable the crossfire somehow? Please help!

• 5970 2GB = 20 computer units and 256MB memory?
          nou

try export DISPLAY=:0 to get both cores visible.you should run "sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial" to configure both cores.

for increase visible memory you can export this variables. but it is undocumented and experimental. for my 1GB 5850 maximum which do not crash is 700

export GPU_INITIAL_HEAP_SIZE=512
          export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_SIZE=512
          export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=512

ivalylo

10x, I will try this on Linux, but I'm currently trying to make it run on Windows 7 (forgot to mention). I had some problems with driver installation (suspect that too), but the card now seems to work in the games...

ivalylo

At last, I found the problem. It was caused by the official 10.3 drivers (I test with Asus 5970). The second chip do not work with these drivers for me (even in games). Then installed the drivers from Asus, and the crossfire is now working normally and OpenCL gives me 2 GPU devices. But their driver do not work with the stream sdk well (2.0.1). My project can't compile at all, giving me unreadable error messages. SmallluxGPU gives artifacts. I think I can just wait Asus to release new drivers ... Didn't know that this card would not work with the official ones ...