Hello, we would like to announce the pre-release of the open source project 'CLyther'
We are currently in the planning stages of the new open source project 'CLyther'. CLyther, is a Python tool similar to Cython. CLyther is a python language extension that makes writing OpenCL code as easy as Python itself. CLyther currently only supports a subset of the Python language definition but adds many new features to OpenCL. CLyther was inspired by PyCUDA and PyCUDA's views on Metaprogramming.
CLyther exposes both the OpenCL C library as well as the OpenCL language to python.
- Fast prototyping of OpenCL code.
- Create OpenCL code using the Python language definition.
- Strong OOP programming in OpenCL code.
- Passing functions as arguments to kernel functions.
- Python emulation mode of OpenCL code.
- Fancy indexing of arrays
- Device memory management
- Dynamic compilation at runtime
Please tell us what you think. Subscribe to the developers mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'subscribe' or post a comment to our Forum.
We are excited to release this product and we would like your help and feedback. Please contact us if you would like to help develop CLyther. For more information please visit the CLyther website