7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 12:28 PM by RBD

Driver support for OpenCL?

escapeclause
      Stream SDK 2.01 & ATI driver 10.2, samples fail

Hello,

What exact driver must I use to have Stream 2.01 work? I am running Stream SDK 2.01 (downloaded Feb 23) and OpenSuSE 11.2, with a pair of 4890 in crossfire.

Currently I am using driver 10.2 (downloaded Feb 21),which the Stream system requirements says should work.

Every sample app for both CAL and OpenCL fails with what I understand to be a driver not supporting Stream error. Examples:

emerth@quad:/usr/local/ati-stream-sdk-v2.01-lnx64/samples/cal/bin/x86_64> ./basic
      Supported CAL Runtime Version: 1.3.185
      Found CAL Runtime Version: 1.4.553
      Use -? for help
      X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
        Major opcode of failed request:  144 ()
        Minor opcode of failed request:  19
        Serial number of failed request:  8
        Current serial number in output stream:  8
      emerth@quad:/usr/local/ati-stream-sdk-v2.01-lnx64/samples/cal/bin/x86_64> ./hellocal
      Supported CAL Runtime Version: 1.3.185
      Found CAL Runtime Version: 1.4.553
      Use -? for help
      X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
      emerth@quad:/usr/local/ati-stream-sdk-v2.01-lnx64/samples/cal/bin/x86_64> cd ../../../../
      bin/         docs/        include/     lib/         make/        samples/     TempSDKUtil/
      emerth@quad:/usr/local/ati-stream-sdk-v2.01-lnx64/samples/cal/bin/x86_64> cd ../../../opencl/bin/x86_64/
      emerth@quad:/usr/local/ati-stream-sdk-v2.01-lnx64/samples/opencl/bin/x86_64> ./HelloCL
      HelloCL!
      Getting Platform Information

The only driver I can get to work is Catalyst_9.12_Hotfix_Linux_8.682.2RC1_Dec15.zip, which places an overlaid square message in the lower right hand corner of the screen. The message is something like "AMD Experimental Use". Sorry I'm using the 10.2 driver right now so my recall of the message may not be correct.