cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

oscarbarenys1
Adept II

Questions about d3d9 interop: Which is the correct way? is API stable?

Hi I have coded some example trying to see how d3d interop works..

I see up to three APIs one is

KB91 - Additional Header File Required For Preview Feature: ATI Stream SDK v2.01 Support for OpenCL™ / Microsoft® DirectX® 9 & 10 Interoperability

wich shows in cl_amd.hpp clEnqueueReleaseExternalObjects similar to clEnqueueReleaseGLObjects for gl interop..

this seems to be the correct way according to KB but I can't find clEnqueueReleaseExternalObjects with clGetExtensionFunctionAddress so I also

in cl_d3d9.h I see

clEnqueueAcquireD3D9ObjectsKHR which is another way..

this is found by clGetExtensionFunctionAddress

then for buffer interop similarly we found two functions:

clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR

and then below is

"//
// Legacy AMD CL-D3D9 interop extension
//"
with

clCreateFromD3D9Buffer

function.

With clGetExtensionFunctionAddress I found clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR which is the correct I think.

also I'm asking for correct texture interop(yeah I know is image support required but I'm talking having correct/stable source code here not testing)

I must use this clCreateFromD3D9TextureKHR?

For testing I create context with

cl_context_properties cps[6] =
    {
        CL_CONTEXT_PLATFORM,
        (cl_context_properties)platform,
        CL_CONTEXT_D3D9_DEVICE,
        (cl_context_properties)g_pd3dDevice,
    };

with a D3d device created and then use

CL_API_ENTRY cl_mem (CL_API_CALL
*myclCreateFromD3D9TextureKHR)(
    cl_context          /* context */,
    cl_mem_flags        /* flags */,
    IDirect3DTexture9 * /* texture */,
    HANDLE              /* shared_handle */,
    UINT                /* miplevel */,
    cl_int *            /* errcode_ret */);

myclCreateFromD3D9TextureKHR=(P2)clGetExtensionFunctionAddress("clCreateFromD3D9TextureKHR")

as clCreateFromD3D9TextureKHR is defined already in header.

then calling

myclCreateFromD3D9TextureKHR(context,CL_MEM_READ_WRITE,g_inputTex,g_handle,0,&status);

where  g_inputTex is created and g_handle is the last parameter returned by CreateTexture. Is this correct?

In this way I get runtime error after enabling images with "set GPU_IMAGES_SUPPORT=1"

setting the Handle shader parameter to NULL

myclCreateFromD3D9TextureKHR(context,CL_MEM_READ_WRITE,g_inputTex,NULL,0,&status);

returns an CL_INVALID_D3D_OBJECT

What's the correct API? Is that stable?

Is there any sample showing interop?

is d3d11 interop coming? as nvidia has one d3d11 extension published in khronos registry?..

0 Likes
10 Replies

oscar,
I discussed with the engineer that did this work and he stated that we do not currently support Texture with D3D interop, only through buffers. Also officially d3d9 interop is not yet accepted by Khronos, so the API isn't standardized. The correct call to use should be 'clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR'. Also, images are not officially supported yet, so we don't guarantee that it works.
0 Likes

Thanks Micah,

for being fair I have tested Nvidia d3d10 interop (Nvidia APis seem final and are very similar)(d3d10 are the only current entry poins found) and they are reporting initialization issues so no go..

I hope you implement d3d texture interop sooner than ogl as CAL has cal-d3d interop example with texture interop working..

0 Likes

oscar,

With SDK 2.01, you dont require cl_amd.hpp. Including cl_d3d9.h is enough.

0 Likes

Hi Micah,

i do some similar work to test d3d interop use "clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR" on my Radeon HD4850 card, and also get CL_INVALID_D3D_OBJECT error. can you give some suggestions?

My code sample :

//Create  context with D3D_Device.

cl_context_properties cps[3] =
 {
  CL_CONTEXT_D3D9_DEVICE,
  (cl_context_properties)m_pD3DDevice,
 };

cl_context_properties* cprops =  cps;

context = clCreateContext(
  cprops,
  ciDeviceCount,
  cdDevices,
  &status) ;

//Get the Function Address:clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR

typedef CL_API_ENTRY cl_mem (CL_API_CALL *Fun_clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR)(
  cl_context           /* context */,
  cl_mem_flags         /* flags */,
  IDirect3DResource9 * /* resource */,
  HANDLE               /* shared_handle */,
  cl_int *             /* errcode_ret */);

Fun_clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR myclCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR = 0;

myclCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR= (Fun_clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR)clGetExtensionFunctionAddress("clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR");

// Create D3Dsurface and get the handle.

HRESULT hr = m_pD3DDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface(width,
  height, 
  (D3DFORMAT)MAKEFOURCC('N','V','1','2'),
  D3DPOOL_DEFAULT,
  &m_d3dOutputSurface,
  &m_hD3Dhandle);

//Map the D3DSurface to cl_mem

outputBuffer = myclCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR(
  context,
  CL_MEM_READ_WRITE,
  m_d3dOutputSurface,
  m_hD3Dhandle,
  &status);

Then get the Return error status = -60(CL_INVALID_D3D_OBJECT,CL_INVALID_GL_OBJECT)

0 Likes

Originally posted by: wb0330 Hi Micah,

i do some similar work to test d3d interop use "clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR" on my Radeon HD4850 card, and also get CL_INVALID_D3D_OBJECT error. can you give some suggestions?

My code sample :

//Create  context with D3D_Device.

cl_context_properties cps[3] =  {   CL_CONTEXT_D3D9_DEVICE,   (cl_context_properties)m_pD3DDevice,   0  };

cl_context_properties* cprops =  cps;

context = clCreateContext(   cprops,   ciDeviceCount,   cdDevices,   0,   0,   &status) ;

//Get the Function Address:clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR

typedef CL_API_ENTRY cl_mem (CL_API_CALL *Fun_clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR)(   cl_context           /* context */,   cl_mem_flags         /* flags */,   IDirect3DResource9 * /* resource */,   HANDLE               /* shared_handle */,   cl_int *             /* errcode_ret */);

Fun_clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR myclCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR = 0;

myclCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR= (Fun_clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR)clGetExtensionFunctionAddress("clCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR");

// Create D3Dsurface and get the handle.

HRESULT hr = m_pD3DDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface(width,   height,    (D3DFORMAT)MAKEFOURCC('N','V','1','2'),   D3DPOOL_DEFAULT,   &m_d3dOutputSurface,   &m_hD3Dhandle);

//Map the D3DSurface to cl_mem

outputBuffer = myclCreateFromD3D9BufferKHR(   context,   CL_MEM_READ_WRITE,   m_d3dOutputSurface,   m_hD3Dhandle,   &status);

Then get the Return error status = -60(CL_INVALID_D3D_OBJECT,CL_INVALID_GL_OBJECT)

In SDK2.1,  D3D9 interop is not supported.  It is expected to support in upcoming releases.

0 Likes

Hi genaganna,

Thank you for your relpay.

If suitable, Can you tell me When the next release is available for download? We are waiting for this feature.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: wb0330 Hi genaganna,

Thank you for your relpay.

If suitable, Can you tell me When the next release is available for download? We are waiting for this feature.

Thanks.

I cannot tell you eact dates.  Just few days back SDK2.1 released. You can expect in Q3.

0 Likes

Got it. Thanks genaganna.

0 Likes

What about d3d 10 interop in 2.1 it was in 2.0 right?

Also is strange d3d9 not supported since 2.1  reports cl_amd_dx9interop extension..

0 Likes

Originally posted by: oscarbarenys1 What about d3d 10 interop in 2.1 it was in 2.0 right?

Also is strange d3d9 not supported since 2.1  reports cl_amd_dx9interop extension..

oscarbarenys1,

In SDK2.01, D3D10 preview version was supported. It is removed as per the Khronos rules. It will be supported in upcoming releases.

Please run CLInfo sample to know supported extensions.

0 Likes