chris.bieneman

CubeMapGen Source

Discussion created by chris.bieneman on Feb 8, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 by mchock

I've been working with the CubeMapGen tool as part of a toolchain in a content pipeline for a unannounced x360, PS3, Wii, and Win32 game. I need to be able to have the CubeMapGen executable (or something performing similar operations) run on a windows build machine as a service. The CubeMapGen as it is will not run without being able to display a window (which means I need to have the automated process run as a logged in user without the machine locked, not ideal...).

To this end I've been looking at the CubeMapGen library. The big problem with the library being that it was built with VS2003, and doesn't have the image loading and exporting functionality that the CubeMapGen executable does. So I'd have to write my own importers and exporters.

Since I'm feeling extremely lazy and don't want to write my own image loaders and exporters I thought I'd blast out a message asking if it is possible to get the full source for the CubeMapGen tool released.

Releasing this source would be very helpful. Ideally it would be great if this tool could be put up as a Google Code group allowing other developers to contribute source back to it.

Thanks.

Outcomes