11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 10:50 AM by princecse_cuet

clCreateContextFromType  error

IRSA
      InitCL, error

Hi, everybody:

My grahpics card is ATI Radeon HD 4670?when I  ran the sample "Image Convolution Using OpenCL -A Step-by-Step Tutorial" downloaded in this web, an error occured when going to the InitCL function,error message is:

err {err_=-32 errStr_=0x0047e648 "clCreateContextFromType" } cl::Error

. And for CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU and CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, the same error.

What's the problem?

Thanks! 

• clCreateContextFromType  error
            IRSA

Thanks for reply!

And now I updated the driver to Catalyst Software Suite 10.1, and then I ran the SDK v2 Samples "HelloCL" project,  when I changed the CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU to CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, an error still occured:

Context::Context() failed (-1).

What's the problem?

SO I want to know if this version of OpenCL supports the GPU implementation?  

Thanks a lot!

nou

-1 mean CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND. try run CLInfo sample and FindNumDevices from cal samples.

IRSA

Hi, I run the ClInfo sample, the result is:
                    Number of platforms:  1

Plaform Profile:       FUll_PROFILE

Plaform Version:     OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.0

Plaform Name:       ATI Stream

Plaform Vendor:   Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.  

Plaform Name:          ATI Stream

Number of devices:    1
                    Device Type:          CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU

Device ID:              4

----

----

Platform ID:  00B51434

Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU

Vendor:  GenuineIntel

SO, what's the problem?

Thanks a lot!

nou

problem is that it find only one device and that is your CPU. so when you change to GPU it can not find and print error.

try reinstall catalyst. and use some driver sweper.

IRSA

Thanks, Problem solved.

princecse_cuet

Hi, everybody:

I have similar problem. I am trying to run sample program of ATI Stream SDK on Windows 7. I also installed ATI catalyst 10.2. But when I run the program following error message appear:

CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

Moreover, when I run CLinfo

Number of platforms:                             1
                                  Plaform Profile:                               FULL_PROFILE
                                  Plaform Version:                               OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.1
                                  Plaform Name:                                  ATI Stream
                                  Plaform Vendor:                                Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
                                  Plaform Extensions:                    cl_khr_icd

Plaform Name:                                  ATI Stream
                                Number of devices:                               1
                                  Device Type:                                   CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
                                  Device ID:                                     4098
                                  Max compute units:                             4
                                  Max work items dimensions:                     3
                                    Max work items[0]:                           1024
                                    Max work items[1]:                           1024
                                    Max work items[2]:                           1024
                                  Max work group size:                           1024
                                  Preferred vector width char:                   16
                                  Preferred vector width short:                  8
                                  Preferred vector width int:                    4
                                  Preferred vector width long:                   2
                                  Preferred vector width float:                  4
                                  Preferred vector width double:                 0
                                  Max clock frequency:                           2127Mhz
                                  Address bits:                                  32
                                  Max memeory allocation:                        536870912
                                  Image support:                                 No
                                  Max size of kernel argument:                   4096
                                  Alignment (bits) of base address:              32768
                                  Minimum alignment (bytes) for any datatype:    128

Profiling :                                  Yes
                                  Platform ID:                                   00D5A434
                                  Name:                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
                                M 330  @ 2.13GHz
                                  Vendor:                                        GenuineIntel
                                  Driver version:                                1.0
                                  Profile:                                       FULL_PROFILE
                                  Version:                                       OpenCL 1.0 ATI-Stream-v2.0.1
                                  Extensions:                                    cl_khr_icd cl_khr_global_int32_
                                base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomic
                                s cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store

I cannot figure out how to resolve it. Could you please give me any information regarding this?

Thank you.