7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 3:41 PM by nou

Error in Getting Platforms

pavandsp

Hi 

I am getting error while executing TemplateC(sample of SDK OpenCL v2.0) .it reports

Error :Getting Platforms.(clGetPlatformIDs)

Error:Setting Kernal argument.(output)

I am getting output as 0.

My Config:Ubuntu 9.10,AMD Cpu,32bit os.

Please let me know if i missed any settings related to platform.

Thanks

Pavan

• Error in Getting Platforms
          genaganna

Originally posted by: pavandsp Hi 

I am getting error while executing TemplateC(sample of SDK OpenCL v2.0) .it reports

Error :Getting Platforms.(clGetPlatformIDs)

Error:Setting Kernal argument.(output) I am getting output as 0.

My Config:Ubuntu 9.10,AMD Cpu,32bit os.

Please let me know if i missed any settings related to platform.

PavanDSP,

Ubuntu 9.10 is not officially supported.  Some users were able to run with specific kernel of 9.10. See following post for more information on Ubuntu.

http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=328&threadid=124182&forumid=9

pavandsp

Hi 

I tested now in Ubuntu 9.04 with 2.6.28-11 kernel .

I found the following error while make Opencl

In file included from MandelbrotDisplay.cpp:98:

../../../../../include/GL/glew.h:1138:20: error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory

In file included from MandelbrotDisplay.cpp:99:

../../../../../include/GL/glut.h:62:19: error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory

Indeed I see these file are not there in include/GL/
              What shall I do?should i install the below package or need to get the headers downloaded ?
              libglu1-mesa-dev 7.4-0ubuntu3.2
              Also the same problem  persists (Error :Getting Platforms.(clGetPlatformIDs)while trying to execute the standalone TemplateC
              Thanks in advance
              Pavan
                  genaganna

Originally posted by: pavandsp Hi

I tested now in Ubuntu 9.04 with 2.6.28-11 kernel .

I found the following error while make Opencl

In file included from MandelbrotDisplay.cpp:98:

../../../../../include/GL/glew.h:1138:20: error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory

In file included from MandelbrotDisplay.cpp:99:

../../../../../include/GL/glut.h:62:19: error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory

Indeed I see these file are not there in include/GL/
                  What shall I do?should i install the below package or need to get the headers downloaded ?
                  libglu1-mesa-dev 7.4-0ubuntu3.2
                  Also the same problem  persists (Error :Getting Platforms.(clGetPlatformIDs)while trying to execute the standalone TemplateC
                  Thanks in advance
                  Pavan

OpenGL is not there on your system. i.e why you are getting these errors (GL/gl.h and GL/glu.h not found )

In the case TemplateC, you may be facing ICD issue. 

You must register the OpenCL ICD; otherwise, samples and other applications will fail to execute if this is not done.

To register the ICD:
                        a. If one does not exist, create a folder /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors.
                        b. Create the /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors folder, if does not already exist.
                        c. Symlink [INSTALLDIR]/x86/libatiocl32.so into the vendors folder:

sudo ln -sf [INSTALLDIR]/x86/libatiocl32.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl32.so
                        d. For 64-bit installations, you also must symlink [INSTALLDIR]/x86_64/libatiocl64.so to the vendors folder:
                             sudo ln -sf [INSTALLDIR]/x86_64/libatiocl64.so /usr/lib/OpenCL/vendors/libatiocl64.so