1 2 3 First Previous 103 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2010 1:27 PM by nou

Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK

nou

i create deb package with ATi OpenCL libs. you can download it here

amd-app 2.5 i386 and amd64 need to run OpenCL aplication

amd-app-dev 2.5 both header files

hope you enjoy. pls post feedback.

EDIT:updated to 2.5

EDIT2: WARNING dont install with catalyst 11.11 and later.

• 1. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
          nou

ok AMD release new version of SDK. so i updated packages. from now i will not make ati-opencl-sdk packages as if you want make samples you must do it as root.

ati-opencl-runtime i386 and amd64

ati-opencl-dev both

PS: could some make this thread sticky on top?

• 2. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
            ailmcm

Thanks for good job. Worked fine for me.

(Kubuntu 9.10 x64)

hope for futher releases from you mate

• 3. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
              nou

thanks i am glad that someone actualy use it.

• 4. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                liamk

Thanks a lot!  I was totally miffed how to install the SDK under ubuntu 9.10.  This got everything working very well.  I haven't been able to get things running on the gpu yet, but I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks again.

• 5. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                  Paolo88

Hi to everyone.

First I have to thank nou for his deb packages but I'm still have a problem...

I don't really understand which variable I have to update after the installation when you say:

after instalation you must logout and logon to set enviroment variables.

Infact when I try to compile a simple opencl example, I have linking problems:

Do you have any idea? thanks in advance, Paolo.

gcc main.c /tmp/cc7UujWy.o: In function `runCL': main.c:(.text+0x107): undefined reference to `clGetDeviceIDs' main.c:(.text+0x1d3): undefined reference to `clGetDeviceInfo' main.c:(.text+0x20b): undefined reference to `clGetDeviceInfo' main.c:(.text+0x2a0): undefined reference to `clCreateContext' main.c:(.text+0x304): undefined reference to `clCreateCommandQueue' main.c:(.text+0x35a): undefined reference to `clCreateProgramWithSource' main.c:(.text+0x3c4): undefined reference to `clBuildProgram' main.c:(.text+0x418): undefined reference to `clCreateKernel' main.c:(.text+0x462): undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer' main.c:(.text+0x4bc): undefined reference to `clEnqueueWriteBuffer' main.c:(.text+0x4fa): undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer' main.c:(.text+0x554): undefined reference to `clEnqueueWriteBuffer' main.c:(.text+0x5c8): undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer' main.c:(.text+0x5dc): undefined reference to `clFinish' main.c:(.text+0x604): undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg' main.c:(.text+0x632): undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg' main.c:(.text+0x668): undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg' main.c:(.text+0x6ff): undefined reference to `clEnqueueNDRangeKernel' main.c:(.text+0x741): undefined reference to `clFinish' main.c:(.text+0x795): undefined reference to `clEnqueueReadBuffer' main.c:(.text+0x7d7): undefined reference to `clFinish' main.c:(.text+0x7e5): undefined reference to `clReleaseMemObject' main.c:(.text+0x7f3): undefined reference to `clReleaseMemObject' main.c:(.text+0x801): undefined reference to `clReleaseMemObject' main.c:(.text+0x80f): undefined reference to `clReleaseCommandQueue' main.c:(.text+0x81d): undefined reference to `clReleaseContext'

• 6. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                    nou

zou must link OpenCL lib. so use this

gcc -lOpenCL main.c

• 7. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                      Paolo88

Thank you very very much!!!

It worked!! I thought I had to use -lCL...

Thanks againg.. really! :-)

• 8. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                        lvella

Thanks for the packages!

Haven't you considered creating a repository to these packages, like one in PPA Launchpad?

https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

I know it may be too much trouble, but it could eventually be included in official multiverse repository...

• 9. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                          nou

problem of PPA is that you must upload source package and on server side it compile into binary. or i overseen something and it is possible upload binary packages into PPA?

• 10. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                            damvcoool

I believe you are rigth nou, but a workarount this could be creating a official AMD Repository or as has been shown in the past with Video Drivers include them int he official Ubuntu Repositry by talking to the Ubuntu Devs.

and in my honest opinion i believe creating a official repository could be much better, because there is controll and you can get stats and see how much people is actually using it.

• 11. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                              pacard

nou, it works like magic!

Can you tell me what these packages do? I had been trying to setup the Streeam SDK environment, but I just couldn't get the sample programs run successfully until I tried your package. I would like very much to know what magic these packages do.

• 12. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                                nou

it is black magic

it is just put files into right places. that is all. you can extract package and look into yourself.

• 13. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                                  Sheeep

Hi,

I tried to run it on my notebook. With g++ compiler it runs fine.

But if I try to compile the code with the intel c compiler, I get an error:

[quote]

icc  -lOpenCL test.cpp

/usr/include/CL/cl_platform.h(219): error: invalid attribute for "__cl_float2={float}"

typedef cl_float    __cl_float2     __attribute__((vector_size(8)));

^

compilation aborted for test.cpp (code 2)

[/quote]

Does anybody know why this error occurs?

• 14. Ubuntu package with ATI Stream SDK
                                    omkaranathan

Sheeep,

Which version of intel compiler are you using?

1 2 3 First Previous