cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ryta1203
Journeyman III

Cache Counter in CAL

Is there any way to use the cache performance counter in CAL via Brook+ to see the cache performance in Brook+ code?

0 Likes
6 Replies
gaurav_garg
Adept I

There is no interface exposed in Brook+ to access CAL perfromance counters.

But, you can try to call CAL counters in your Brook+ code. I think it should work without any problem.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg There is no interface exposed in Brook+ to access CAL perfromance counters.

But, you can try to call CAL counters in your Brook+ code. I think it should work without any problem.

I just tried this but you need to have the context in order to call those functions begin and end and setup, correct? So what would you use there (the context of Brook+)?

0 Likes

Anyone?

Gaurav, you suggested this so I thought you might have an idea as to how to do this?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: ryta1203 Anyone?

Gaurav, you suggested this so I thought you might have an idea as to how to do this?

You are right, You need CALcontext to use those counter. Those counters are not supported from Brook+. You need to change Brook+ runtime code. You can either add a method in brook:: Device class to get CALcontext or directly add counters in Brook+ runtime at kernel exection call(inside CALExecMgr.cpp)

0 Likes
Meenakshi12
Journeyman III

I am new to this forum. I learned a lot about Cache.

edit: advertising link removed

0 Likes

Meenakshi12,

Please don't post advertisements in the forum.

0 Likes