Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mohit2710
Journeyman III

profiling tools

Hi,

can anyone tell me from where can I download the cache grind profiling tool for ubuntu9.04...in order to check the performance of my opencl code... my output of matrixmultiplication is giving very irregular results...

any kind of help is appreciated..

0 Likes
6 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Mohit2710,

I am not sure what tool you are looking. Presently No tool available to profile OpenCL kernel in linux.  Hand tuning is the only way at this stage. 

Please see the Preformance and Optimization notes doc at http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/pages/Documentation.aspx

for more details.

Use your own timer code or OpenCL profiling API's to calculate performance calculation.

0 Likes

Hi,

I want to find out why i am getting poor results..

for this purpose i want to see my cache performance for the matrix multiplication program....

what can be the other reasons for poor results....??

I am using ubuntu 9.04, and amd profiling tool only supports visual studio...

0 Likes

Mohit2710,

which cache performance you are talking about?.  Are you running your code on CPU or GPU?  Even profiler won't say anything about cache.

0 Likes

It would be nice if it would though.

0 Likes

I am running my code on CPU Intel Core2Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz with 2.00 MB cache size.

My code does not give proper results for higher block sizes and what could be he possible reasons for for this, I can think of limited cache size as a reason. Can you suggest any other reason.

Also about the tools that can be used to check this.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: mohit2710 I am running my code on CPU Intel Core2Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz with 2.00 MB cache size.

My code does not give proper results for higher block sizes and what could be he possible reasons for for this, I can think of limited cache size as a reason. Can you suggest any other reason.

Also about the tools that can be used to check this.

Mohit2710,

Could you please post your code?  You have to use AMD codeanalyst or Intel VTune to profile your code on CPU.

0 Likes