Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rbanger
Adept I

Not able to compile sample apps in Win XP 32

Hi,

I was trying to run the sample apps in the Opencl SDK v 2.0. Till beta 4 I had never faced any probs compiling the sample apps. But with  this new release, I am not able to link the sample app MatrixMultiplication. It throws the following linker error. 

Let me know If I have missed any steps: 

-I don't have a GPU in my system. trying to build on CPU only

-I had uninstalled all the previous versions, and installed the new SDK which was released on 21st. 

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Banger. 

1>------ Build started: Project: MatrixMultiplication, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Linking...

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __initp_misc_invarg already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invoke_watson already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __set_invalid_parameter_handler already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __get_invalid_parameter_handler already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _invoke_watson(unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?_invoke_watson@@YAXPBG00II@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invalid_parameter already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl _invalid_parameter(unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned short const *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?_invalid_parameter@@YAXPBG00II@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: ___pInvalidArgHandler already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)

1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

1>C:\Documents and Settings\rbanger\My Documents\ATI Stream\\samples\opencl\bin\debug\x86\MatrixMultiplication.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\rbanger\My Documents\ATI Stream\samples\opencl\cl\app\MatrixMultiplication\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>MatrixMultiplication - 9 error(s), 1 warning(s)

0 Likes
2 Replies
rbanger
Adept I

Sorry for the trivial question. I was able to compile the sample apps individually. Basically I had to build the opencl solution first in the folder

\samples\opencl 

Regards,

Banger

0 Likes

Originally posted by: rbanger Sorry for the trivial question. I was able to compile the sample apps individually. Basically I had to build the opencl solution first in the folder

\samples\opencl

Please open .sln file and Rebuild always.

0 Likes