cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ljbade
Journeyman III

Installer not working properly

I have had this issue on two different PCs that don't have an ATI GPU with the new final 2.0 release.

The installer only installs the profiler, and skips the samples and runtime.

I have to go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\streamsdk_2-0-0_XXXX\Packages\Apps\ and run the individual MSIs myself to get them to install properly.

0 Likes
13 Replies
Stib
Journeyman III

I had similar problems. Have you uninstalled everything from the previus version of the SDK? As i have manually removed it, the install went smoothly.

0 Likes

[Author edit: Useless comment here, never mind]

0 Likes

No I did not have an old version installed.

This was tested on a clean install of Win 7 64 bit and Win XP 32 bit.

0 Likes

Big problems here too. I uninstalled BetaV4 via Windows uninstall and installed the new SDK with no problems. But when i check direct compute benchmark v.35 and GPUCaps they say there is no GPU. Direct Compute Benchmark doesn't even notices i have a graphic card.

Trying to run clprofile the comand window says: failed to start application :267 the directory name is invalid

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Bullit Big problems here too. I uninstalled BetaV4 via Windows uninstall and installed the new SDK with no problems. But when i check direct compute benchmark v.35 and GPUCaps they say there is no GPU. Direct Compute Benchmark doesn't even notices i have a graphic card.

how does SDK installer effects DirectCompute benchmark?  could you please point out where did you get Directcompute benchmark?

0 Likes

Sure. Here http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16920-directcompute-and-opencl-benchmark.html
I just run the more recent 0.45b and it found it. But the 0.35 that found the Beta4 Sdk didn't found the current one sdk.

For GPU caps viewer 1.80 benchmark also run with beta4 and i could compare my AMD Cpu performance with gpu HD4530 for several tests but doesn't run with current sdk. It says an error message about interop missing that also occured with Beta4,but that didnd't prevented run, but now says "OpenCL context: found 0 OpenCL Cpu Device. Bye..."

replace CPU with GPU when i choose to test the GPU.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Bullit Sure. Here http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16920-directcompute-and-opencl-benchmark.html I just run the more recent 0.45b and it found it. But the 0.35 that found the Beta4 Sdk didn't found the current one sdk. For GPU caps viewer 1.80 benchmark also run with beta4 and i could compare my AMD Cpu performance with gpu HD4530 for several tests but doesn't run with current sdk. It says an error message about interop missing that also occured with Beta4,but that didnd't prevented run, but now says "OpenCL context: found 0 OpenCL Cpu Device. Bye..." replace CPU with GPU when i choose to test the GPU.

Bullit,

Please use GPU caps viewer 1.8.1. It is a latest one.

0 Likes

Sure. Here http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/16920-directcompute-and-opencl-benchmark.html
I just run the more recent 0.45b and it found it. But the 0.35 that found the Beta4 Sdk didn't found the current one sdk.

For GPU caps viewer 1.80 benchmark also run with beta4 and i could compare my AMD Cpu performance with gpu HD4530 for several tests but doesn't run with current sdk. It says an error message about interop missing that also occured with Beta4,but that didnd't prevented run, but now says "OpenCL context: found 0 OpenCL Cpu Device. Bye..."

replace CPU with GPU when i choose to test the GPU.

Edit: i see that GPU Caps viewer was updated to reflect the new ATI Sdk. http://www.geeks3d.com/20091222/gpu-caps-viewer-1-8-1-updated-for-ati-stream-sdk-v2-0-0/

will test it.

Edit2: tested it. it seems the problems were due to changes in SDK that made the benchmarks not compatible. Today versions have no problems. Now i would like some real life bench like video encoding or such.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: ljbade No I did not have an old version installed.

This was tested on a clean install of Win 7 64 bit and Win XP 32 bit.

Ljbade,

Are you getting any error message? 

Are you installing 32 bit installer on Win7 64bit? You have to install 32 bit installer on 32 bit and 64 bit installer on 64 bit.

Which service pack you have for Win XP32 bit?

Do you have admin rights?

0 Likes

I downloaded the ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-vista-win7-64.exe ( yes I use W7 x84 ). I ran it and decompressed the files into a temporary folder... then the wizard installer executes.

The problem is that I specified c:\OpenCL_SDK as install path for the OpenCL SDK.... and no files are written there.

The installer is defective! Pls, fix it!

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bubu I downloaded the ati-stream-sdk-v2.0-vista-win7-64.exe ( yes I use W7 x84 ). I ran it and decompressed the files into a temporary folder... then the wizard installer executes.

The problem is that I specified c:\OpenCL_SDK as install path for the OpenCL SDK.... and no files are written there.

The installer is defective! Pls, fix it!

Please install at default path and see you are able to install or not.

Do you have admin rights?

0 Likes

Not, it does not install, even using the defaults paths.

The only part that installs is the profiler. The SDK ( includes/libs, etc) destination folder is completely void.

I'm using W7 x64. Yes, I have Administrator rights(Ialso ran the installer with the "Run as administrador", UAC is disabled and I have full rights also to the NTFS partition.

Btw, I didn't mentioned it but perhaps it's important: I use a NVIDIA card currently. Just wanted the ATI SDK to program OpenCL using the CPU emulator.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: bubu Not, it does not install, even using the defaults paths.

The only part that installs is the profiler. The SDK ( includes/libs, etc) destination folder is completely void.

I'm using W7 x64. Yes, I have Administrator rights(Ialso ran the installer with the "Run as administrador", UAC is disabled and I have full rights also to the NTFS partition.

Btw, I didn't mentioned it but perhaps it's important: I use a NVIDIA card currently. Just wanted the ATI SDK to program OpenCL using the CPU emulator.

Babu,

Presently you can install msi's from extracted folders.

You can find corresponding msi's in extractedfolder\Packages\Apps

Please read section 2.1 of ATI_Stream_SDK_Installation_Notes.pdf doc.   You will find this doc at http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/pages/Documentation.aspx

Note : OpenCL treats CPU as device.  It is not a GPU emulator.

0 Likes