cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

davibu
Journeyman III

New ATI Catalyst Display Driver 9.12, OpenCL and Linux

Do the new ATI Catalyst Display Driver 9.12 for Linux support OpenCL ? I installed the new drivers but I'm experiencing several problems when running OpenCL programs.

Are they supposed to work with ATI SDK beta4 or I have still to use the dedicated beta drivers ?

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
5 Replies
nou
Exemplar

yes 9.11 and 9.12 should work with OpenCL

0 Likes
Fr4nz
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: nou yes 9.11 and 9.12 should work with OpenCL

9.12 works only if you download the hotfix. Normal 9.12 doesn't work with OpenCL.

0 Likes

oh good to know. http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx

0 Likes
davibu
Journeyman III

Thanks but the hotfix hasn't solved my problems. It looks like any synchronization command (i.e. clWaitForEvents, clFlush, etc.) immediately returns. Indeed, this lead to a lot of problems.

The same code works fine on CPU device under Linux and on CPU or GPU device under Windows so I assume this is a bug (may be related to my hardware: 4870).

0 Likes

Originally posted by: davibu Thanks but the hotfix hasn't solved my problems. It looks like any synchronization command (i.e. clWaitForEvents, clFlush, etc.) immediately returns. Indeed, this lead to a lot of problems.

Ah, sorry, this was my fault, I was using clock() function to time kernel execution and it is expressed in CPU usage time not in real clock time. I guess old drivers were using some sort of polling (i.e. using CPU cycles) while the new one are more efficient.

0 Likes