Could you run the CAL sample 'FindNumDevices' and post the output?
Sorry I kinda can't login as neurall. Strange isn't it ;D ?
Never tried cal just opencl for now. But no of devices would probably be 1 (CPU)
Anyway for all of you having 5970. here I found temporary sollution until ati fixes it.
1. Uninstall whatever driver you have and boot to standard vga
2. modify OpenCL 2 beta 4 driver inf by adding missing HD 5900 detection line after HD 5800 like this
"ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series " = ati2mtag_Evergreen, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6899
"ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series" = ati2mtag_Evergreen, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_689C
3. Do this for all inf files. there are 2 for x86 and 2 for x64 if you wish
In my case they vere in C:\Vista_7\Packages\Drivers\Display dir
4. right click computer->manage -> device manager
unknown devices -> update driver -> and browse to this updated inf dir. your 5900 series card now be properly detected and drivers installed.
5. reinstall this driver but now via setup.exe reboot and enjoy
clGetDeviceIDs(cpPlatform, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU, 1, &cdDevice, NULL); should correctly return 0 now