I am a student working on a research project and I right now I have to write a model reduced fluid simulation on the GPU. Exactly what must be done on the GPU follows:
(1) look up the corresponding tet via some kind of spatial data structure
(2) do a matrix multiply with the reduced state to figure out the fluxes
(3) convert the fluxes to a velocity via a 3x3 matrix inversion
(4) optionally: cache the velocity for this timestep
(5) advect the particle
(6) resolve any collisions with the fixed geometry (car)
(7) render all the particles and a car
do you think i would get big advanteges from the use of OpenCL respect to DirectX11?
What about the rendering?