cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ChicagoBob
Journeyman III

Custom video mixer suggestion

Writting a multiple input mixer for HD output. Need advice.

Hi,

Writting a multiple input mixer for HD output. I need some advice. My biggest issue is being able to synchronously sending out video frames via directX and knowing it was sent. So far trying to do this I have not been able to time a frame output during a frame sync.

With video capture cards there are callbacks which make it simple to know when to output but the I/O latency has been too large. (6 to 10 frames). So I started to look at video cards to act as an output device. The first problem I have run into is timing the output. Seems there is nothing provided in Windows to know when a frame has been sent.

Is this true or I have not been able to find the function I need.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
ChicagoBob
Journeyman III

There is no answer to this question?  There are no callback hooks to time video card output. BUMMER bad form etc. The PC is really a messed up device when you need realtime hardware support. How cool would it be to have a simple callback interface? Geez I would imagine every game developer in the world would want one. So if I create a DirectX surface blt to it and try to figure out when it was sent I am on my own? I have tried to use WaitForVerticalBlank() but that was aweful and the results unpreditctable. So does any card offer this sort of feature?

0 Likes